The national IoTUK Boost programme is designed to support the development of IoT enabled products, services, and applications from UK SMEs and entrepreneurs. We are supporting the IoT cluster around Bristol & Bath, and as part of this programme, we are able to offer 12 month virtual memberships for 5 IoT-related SMEs.
SETsquared has been recognised as the global leader in delivering university-led business incubation. The benefits on offer to IoTUK Boost companies include:
- coaching – dedicated Entrepreneur in Residence specialising in IoT-focused business development
- mentoring – SMEs will be able to choose a mentor from our network who is a right fit for their business
- advisor in residence clinics (professional service firms and services)
- extensive workshop programme
- investor readiness training
- events (including investment showcase)
- business review panels
- supportive community
- representation on website
- access to our extended community and global network (investors and corporates)
- reception service
- access to Engine Shed Business Lounge
This represents a fantastic offer to any small to medium sized firm thinking of accelerating their IoT product or service.
Application process for IoTUK Boost 2 Entrepreneurship Support
The diagram below shows the anticipated application route in solid orange, with dashed lines showing the options.
The programme was officially launched on 13 December 2016 by IoTUK, see the official launch here. We successfully supported 10 SME’s through that initial programme and have now been selected to support another 5 through Boost 2!
Acceptance into the Bristol SETsquared IoTUK Boost Entrepreneurship programme is based on two evaluations of your idea:
- SETsquared written application
- 1 hour interview with Bristol SETsquared IoTUK Boost review panel
Stage One – Deadline 19 February 2018
We strongly recommend you apply online via Bristol SETsquared as soon as you have a good plan for your IoT innovation.
The application page is: http://www.setsquared.co.uk/apply
Please select “Bristol” as the SETsquared centre, and note in the “How did you hear about us?” section: IoTUK Boost
You do not need to have a fully worked up business plan, but put in as much information as you can.
The key entry criteria are:
- early stage IoT product or service;
- ready for commercial prototype stage, or early market release;
- high commercial growth potential;
The Bristol SETsquared team will also look for proposals where they can add genuine value in accelerating your business.
Note: companies on the existing IoTUK Boost programme are eligible to apply for Boost 2, however, they will have detail the additional benefit to their businesses and technologies from this extra support.
Short listed companies from the Bristol SETsquared applications will be invited to interview between Monday 26 February and Friday 16 March 2018.
All interviews will take place in Engine Shed, Bristol, and last for one hour.
The interview will allow the SETsquared IoTUK review panel to explore your business idea in more detail and better understand how the programme may benefit you. These interviews are confidential so you will be able to share your ideas and plans freely.
As each business is unique, there is no ‘cookie-cutter’ offer from SETsquared; the interview is a critical part of assessing how we will work together over the next 12 months, and hopefully beyond.